Blog Moved

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Lasagnas for Isobel

Two 'fancy' lasagnas.
  • Mixed Mushroom Lasagna with Parmesan Sauce
    A really good lasagna that's fairly easy to make. Most of the work goes into slicing a pound and a half of mushrooms, and then cleaning up the pan that you made the parmesan sauce in.
    I usually use some shiitakes in this, and I've used some wood-ears, too, when I can get them, which gives a really nice flavor.
  • Artichoke and Mushroom Lasagna
    A holiday staple for us, and always a crowd-pleaser. Just very different from your typical lasagna.
    I often use grated mozarella, purchased just that way, instead of the sliced stuff. Slicing mozarella is a PITA. And I usually use crimini mushrooms, though baby bellas also work, and you can get even more adventurous if you want.
Both these recipes call for no-boil lasagna noodles, and they can be made that way, but I have decided in recent years not to use those ever. They never come out right. So I just use regular lasagna noodles or, better yet, fresh ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but they are expected to be civil.
Please don't bother spamming me. I'm only going to delete it.