Blog Moved

Monday, October 27, 2014

A Wonderful, Sad Story About the Shame of Masturbation

From Julia Boriss, at XOJane:
When I was eight years old, I stacked two layers of pillows across my bed to keep myself from masturbating. I figured that sleeping atop a pillow fortress would force me to sleep on my back, which would keep my fingers from wandering to my nether regions, which would prevent the soul-crushing shame that befell me every time I gave myself an orgasm.
I suspect (as she more or less goes on to say) that this affects women more than men. But, having been raised Catholic and in a very sex-negative household, I remember those feelings, too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the re-blog! Glad you enjoyed my story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great story, Julia. Thanks very much for it.
      Your post about getting engaged
      http://j-bo.net/2014/09/14/doug-and-i-commit-to-stay-together-forever-and-simultaneously-declare-our-everlasting-love-for-the-americinn-motel-chain-or-im-engaged-and-really-really-in-love-with-hotels/
      is almost as good.

      Delete

Comments welcome, but they are expected to be civil.
Please don't bother spamming me. I'm only going to delete it.